The Artspace is a cultural destination for the Midlands of South Carolina. The adaptive reuse of a 23,000 sq. ft. warehouse in the Historic Congaree Vista, and its renewal as CMFA ArtSpace, broadened the CMFA’s impact on the arts in the community. Civic art groups thrive with shared administrative support and resources. Each season more than 22,000 visitors use CMFA ArtSpace to participate in or experience arts activities ranging in diversity from classical ballet classes and academies, modern dance workshops, children’s opera productions, and Cabaret evenings to West African drummers, salsa summits and Video Productions.
Columbia Music Festival Association is a vital part of the Columbia Arts Community. Through CMFA, its family of affiliates and CMFA ArtSpace… the Artspace has become a destination on the visitor’s map.
The Artspace is available for use by the non-profit sector art groups. Booking requests are filled on an availability basis. For information about how you or your organization can make a reservation to use the Artspace either contact email@example.com or call (803)-771-6303 or download this request form for submission.
Download the Artpsace Request Form here
In the Artspace are:
• “Meeting Room” – A small meeting room (20 people max); Board table and chairs
• “Construction space” may also be available throughout the year for building sets, props or costumes
• “Grey Studio” – An 1800 sq. ft. Studio with mirrors, sprung floor/Harlequin surface, piano and portable ballet barres available (16 Foot Ceiling Height)
• “Pink Studio” – 2700 Sq. Ft. sprung floor with a Stage Step surface – Ceiling height 9 ft. 6 inches – Piano and sound system – Mirrors- Permeant ballet barres
• “Black Box Theatre” – adaptable space – can seat 85 people. (standing room 150 without tables and chairs); Stage – sprung wooden floor- with removable Marley surface ; minimum lighting (pre-hung); two pianos and a sound system.