The Medici Society is the new endowment for Columbia Music Festival Association. CMFA, founded in 1897, has never strayed from its original mandate “to Educate, Discover, Develop, Train, Assist, Present, Produce and Promote the performing arts among the area’s own citizens for the edification of all and to serve as a council and resource for the community.”
The Board of Directors is beginning its endowment campaign with the Medici Society to establish a fund that will ensure CMFA’s future success. We invite you to join us in helping us create and build this fund from its roots. All gifts and bequests to CMFA, a duly recognized non-profit organization, through the Medici Society have all the benefits to the full extent provided by law. Your participation will lay the groundwork for new generations to equal – or exceed – the tremendous accomplishments of yesterday and today.
What is an endowment fund?
Beginning an endowment fund is no small task. Established on the generosity of our incredible donors, this fund will be carefully invested and provide diverse opportunities in the Midlands for the arts community. The principal of the fund – that is, the amount that is raised from our generous donors– is carefully invested and remains whole. The interest generated by the fund supports Columbia Music Festival Association’s artistic and educational programs on an annual basis.
Why is the endowment important?
Gifts to the Medici Society will help CMFA to make the arts available and accessible to all. It enhances the quality of life and contributes significantly to the region and state’s economic well-being. It is vital to our organization and an investment in the future, providing ongoing financial security while enabling continued artistic excellence and innovation. To sustain the organization and build upon its great achievements, a substantial endowment is essential to our future. The diversity of the arts; new and emerging artists and arts organizations find a home, leadership and direction at Columbia Music Festival Association.
What will an endowment fund mean for you?
The Medici Society Endowment fund will enable CMFA to sustain and expand essential programs and invest in all of its core areas. It will ensure our ability to:
- Build a sense of community, locally, through the arts
- Uphold the classics, and create an innovative modern canon
- Maintain our commitment to discovering and working with new and emerging artists and arts organizations
- Train the next generation of devoted and accomplished young artists
- And most importantly to continue and build upon our historic and vital mission “to Educate, Discover, Develop, Train, Assist, Present, Produce and Promote the performing arts among the area’s own citizens for the edification of all and to serve as a council and resource for the community.”
What can you do?
We invite those who want to help secure the future of CMFA to join us by contributing to the Medici Society. Your gift and investment will instill a sense of pride in the blooming and everchanging arts world in the Midlands.
Columbia Music Festival Association invites gifts of cash and other types of contributions, some of which offer additional tax advantages:
- Cash– Gift of cash can immediately be invested in the endowment fund
- Pledges– This option allows payments to be spread over three to five years to accommodate other obligations and increase the impact of the gift
- Gifts of Securities– Securities may be donated to CMFA and may provide specific tax advantages. When appreciated securities (held by the donor for one year or longer) are contributed, the donor may be able to reduce or eliminate capital gains taxes
Give Today…Ensure Tomorrow
For more information about how you can give, please contact the CMFA office at (803) 771-6303 or contact your financial planner.